Our intent for Science is that every child develops an enthusiasm and enjoyment of scientific learning and discovery.
As one of the core subjects we give the teaching and learning of Science the profile it requires. Children have individual science books and a working wall in the classroom to support their learning.
Our intent is for children to:
- Develop understanding of the nature, processes and methods of science through different types of enquiries
- Be confident to ask questions, take risks and extend their scientific knowledge
- Develop essential scientific enquiry skills to deepen their scientific knowledge
- Use a range of methods to communicate their scientific information and present it in a systematic, scientific manner
- Understand the importance of Science in today’s world and inspire them for their future
We implement our Science approach through:
- In EYFS, we implement science through enhancing provision for children to explore scientific concepts. We promote children’s independence to choose ways to do things and promote their curiosity
- Working walls reflect what is being taught, vocabulary, relevant diagrams, photos and children’s work
- There is a high expectation of the work in children’s books
- Working scientifically skills are embedded into every lesson to ensure these skills are being developed across the key stages
- Learning across the curriculum is planned to build on knowledge and skills
The impact of our science approach is that children are inspired to demonstrate their scientific knowledge and skills. They are curious to find out how? and why? And can give reasoning.
If you would like more information about our science curriculum, please contact the subject leader, Mrs Eleanor Harrison email@example.com