Having an Executive Headteacher working across three sites means that she is often off-site at one of our partner schools. We have therefore established the role of ‘base-leader’: an experienced member of staff who has a broad and thorough oversight of the workings of the individual school and its pupils and can therefore make decisions about how to deal with issues, queries, or concerns.
The base-leader also has a few other key duties:
- To de-brief the headteacher on a daily basis at the end of the day
- To lead Monday morning briefing when the headteacher is off-site
- To lead Collective Worship on Mondays
- To lead celebration assembly on Friday afternoons
- To oversee safeguarding issues, including health and safety
- To oversee educational visits
The base-leaders have the opportunity to get together on a regular basis to evaluate their role and share experiences.