In 2016 Bainbridge, Askrigg and West Burton Primary Schools (BAWB) became a formal federation governed by one governing board:BAWB-Federation-Governors-Sep-23
Our Three Core Strategic Functions
- Ensuring clarity of vison, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
We have two committees and all governors are members of both:
- School Improvement
- Resources (largely dealing with finance)
Each committee, plus the full governing board, meeting each term.
The clerk to the governing board is Dominique Adams and can be contacted via [email protected]
What do our Governors do?
|Some of us are link governors for specific areas:|
– The Quality of Education; Wisdom, Knowledge and Skills
– Leadership and Management; Vision and leadership
– Personal Development; Hope, Aspiration, and Courageous Advocacy
– Behaviour and attitudes; Community and Living Well Together; Dignity and Respect
– Early Years
– SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disability)
– Health and Safety
|We know our schools well, visiting regularly both formally and informally.|
We undertake an annual monitoring programme of visits to the school which enables us to:-
• shape the direction of the school in partnership with senior and middle leaders;
• have an enhanced understanding of areas of strength and weakness so we are able to effectively support and hold senior leaders to account;
• improve pupil outcomes;
• secure statutory compliance.
Minutes of our governing body meetings are available on request from school.
Click on the document icon to open a copy