Heatwave Response

Published by Charlotte Harper on

As the temperature begins to rise and the forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday remains concerning, we have now confirmed the decision to postpone sports day until Wednesday. We may have to make amendments to the format depending on the availability of parent volunteers; Mr Greenway will be in touch.

In addition, it is likely that the Y6 leavers’ trip to Thorp Perrow on Tuesday will be cancelled, though we will make this decision tomorrow.

DfE guidance is to keep schools open during this heatwave. The safety of our children is our absolute priority and we will endeavour to keep them as cool and comfortable as possible. This means that we may move them into cooler rooms or to shaded outdoor areas. We will minimise physical activity and ensure that children keep well hydrated. Children will not be spending time in the sun. We will operate an amended timetable which may mean that children are not engaged in their usual curriculum activity. Please ensure that children come to school with sun cream on, and bring hats and water bottles.

If you have any specific concerns; please do get in touch.